You are here
Clean Earth is dedicated to recycling every ton possible on every project. In order to increase recycling rates for our customers Clean Earth provides in-depth environmental support to assure every possible ton of waste accepted by Clean Earth that can be recycled, is recycled. For our soil recycling projects, Clean Earth characterizes the contaminated soil from a project site to determine the volume that could potentially be recycled through our network of treatment and recycling facilities. This upfront waste characterization process presents a multitude of benefits. First and foremost - the environmental benefit. Through proper waste classification conducted by a team of environmental experts, Clean Earth finds more soil that can be recycled versus the often taken easy road of disposing directly into a landfill. Second, this characterization process can at times provide a cost savings to the customer. Clean Earth has numerous treatment locations available to service a single project, providing a full service solution for projects that have various contaminants.
Our environmental expertise provided on projects into Clean Earth facilities could make a positive and significant impact on your soil remediation project and your company's sustainablity efforts.
- Develop project site map with sample locations to ensure samples are representative of the project site in its entirety.
- Sampling descriptions and methodology guidance.
- Facility QA/QC sample collections from received material to verify the profile.
- Provide overall sampling oversight and guidance, eliminating frustration of problematic waste streams.
- Firsthand view of the subsurface conditions.
- Provide guidance and scope for waste classification sampling; eliminates the guesswork on the waste classification sampling requirements and mitigates having soils managed improperly.
- Provide summary tables for waste classification and approvals.
- Compare data to facility permits and BU acceptance criteria.
- Review of facility permits to identify the specific types of wastes the facility can accept, note any outbound restrictions; assists in cross approval sampling.
- Designate material to the appropriate facility based on acceptability and economics.
- Account for and coordinate generator preferences on backend outlets and required certifications (certificate of disposal, recycling, destruction, etc.).
Approval Package Preparation & Reviews:
- Provide guidance for required approval and compliance reviews and develop the approval packages for all materials.
- Review profiles for accuracy and completeness.
- Issue approval letter for specific analytical data sets.
- Submit packages to 3rdparty engineers or regulatory agencies for approval.
Map and Grid Delineation:
Once project samples have been collected, and the analytical has been reviewed, our environmental team will develop a delineated map and grid approval document for your entire project site. The benefits of this service are phenomenal and the options are unparalleled in the industry.
The site is broken down into grids, each of which is cross-referenced for eligibility into our multiple fixed-base facilities and/or beneficial use sites. Those results are then analyzed to consider time, cost, and location, ultimately giving our customer the best disposal location for each grid.
Benefits of a Clean Earth Map and Grid:
- Provides the maximum number of outlets per grid to determine the most cost effective solutions.
- Ability to provide and maintain a master facility approval list that allows the customer and their team to identify all the available treatment, recycling, or disposal options available to them for every grid at the project site.
- Establishes horizontal and vertical delineation, providing cross approval into various facilities.
- Isolates contamination that is is a key factor to saving money.
- 对于所有交叉approvals, horizontally separated delineations can be completed and the material can be stockpiled for sampling.
- Stockpiles are retested at the facility.
- Minimizes the volume required for hazardous treatment in turn generating a substantial cost savings to the customer.
- Reduces the customer’s environmental liability.
- Identifies facilities that can accept the material and corresponding costs. This allows our customers to estimate how much time will be needed to remove the soil from the site ultimately saving time and money.
- We recognize the importance of being environmentally responsible. Clean Earth facilities identified on the delineation map are also closest and most convenient to the project site which ultimately lowers our carbon footprint in transportation.
- Consider this as an on-site management tool. Our customers are able to use our map and grids to assist with project management.
Excavation, Material, Disposal Plan
The Excavation, Material, Disposal Plan (EMDP) sets the foundation for a project’s waste remediation plan. The purpose of this document is to address the management of all identified waste streams, from sampling through waste disposal records. The EMDP allows our customers to have a clear understanding of all the moving parts and details of their specific remediation project.
This environmental support is provided on projects awarded to Clean Earth for small to mid-size contractors and/or general contractors who are not equipped to handle such services internally or do not have an in-house environmental division. Excavation, Material, Disposal Plans are typically required in the bidding process by mainly City agencies such as NYSCA, Sanitation Department, etc.
Clean Earth can assist customers in preparation of such documents required by city agencies as part of their contractual requirement. Clean Earth has qualified personnel to undertake this responsibility to help our customers fulfill their contractual needs.
The following support can be provided under the EMDP preparation:
- Soil testing/sampling/gridding
- Data Review/Evaluations
- Waste Characterization
- Report Preparation/Documentations
- Facility Approvals
- Transportation Plan
- On-Site Field Services Plan